COVID-19 Information: Our Fulfillment Centers in Massachusetts, Kansas, Nevada and Florida are provided with all safety measures as recommended by the CDC to ensure that they are working in a safe environment (face masks, hand sanitizer throughout the Fulfillment Center, staggered breaks, increased cleaning/sanitizing, etc.)
About 1A Auto
1A Auto is a high growth e-commerce company and we pride ourselves on employing the best talent. Each team member brings a unique skill set to the table and collectively have a track record of accomplishing the most challenging of goals. We are an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great “can-do” culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
We are passionate about empowering people to do their own auto repairs. Our company’s mission is to make your car projects go smoothly and to become your trusted source for auto parts. We treat our customers like family. And our niche is to provide great value, exceptional customer service and education to make customers confident in their decision to do their own repairs.
The Equipment Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of all warehouse equipment. This position will also be responsible for general building maintenance and being a member of the Safety Committee.
The shift for this position is Monday - Friday from 12:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Perform both scheduled and unscheduled equipment maintenance and solve a broad range of maintenance problems of varying scope and complexity for all warehouse equipment to include, but not limited to, conveyors, racking, strapping machines, box maker, tape machines, dock doors and levelers.
- Provide a technical resource for equipment maintenance improvement projects.
- Handle all building-equipment emergencies on an as need basis
- Communicate with outside repair contractors and track all repairs
- Create a preventative maintenance plan and complete inspections in accordance to the PM plan.
- Create and maintain forklift certification log.
- Maintain a clean work environment. This position interacts with housekeeping contractors and reports deficiencies to management.
- Actively participate in safety and compliance meetings, offering input into improvements required and routinely monitoring the building to ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to use and understand Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Please note: This job description is not all inclusive, but rather is intended to capture the majority of the job functions.