Electronics & Imaging is a technology leader with a unique depth and breadth of knowledge, applications and technical expertise, and product portfolio. Our products serve the semiconductor, advanced chip packaging, circuit board, electronic and industrial finishing, photovoltaic, display, and digital and flexographic printing industries. Electronics & Imaging is a leading innovator with unmatched materials integrations expertise, built upon our recognized strong customer relationships and our global market presence.
DuPont’s Parlin NJ Site is seeking an experienced Electrical and Instrument Mechanic. We're offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for this position!
The E&I Mechanic will perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs necessary to support business needs and maintain equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition. The E&I Mechanic will be working in many diversified capacities of maintenance- including electrical, instrument, and control system support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and understanding manuals, schematics, and P&ID’s
- Performing and documenting maintenance calibrations, installation, fault diagnosis, repair of electronic, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems i.e., pressure, level and flow transmitters, etc.
- Configuration and fault diagnosis of control instrumentation.
- Performing basic maintenance and troubleshooting on automated control systems (PLC/DCS) and computer workstations.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of control valves and systems including positioners, I/P transducers and position indicators.
- Testing, troubleshooting and repair of AC/DC motor controls and drives.
- Measure, fabricate and install conduit, piping, and tubing, and perform basic electrical wiring, including protection devices and grounding circuits.
- Willing to work overtime and provide off hours call out support in order to continue 24/7 plant operations
- And other duties as assigned.
The following are required:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of relevant E&I industrial experience (including related military experience) OR equivalent related education will be considered
- Ability to read and understand manuals, schematics, and P&ID’s
- Good computer skills
- Commitment to the company goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, including but not limited to:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time
- Squat/kneel and climb stairs/ladders
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including respirators (cartridge, inline air, etc.), chemical suits, steel toe shoes, glasses, hearing protection, gloves, hard hat, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work a changing shift schedule, possible weekend work, and have the ability to be on call.
- Strong communication & organizational skills; able to collaborate with colleagues and management teams to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training.
The following are preferred:
- Prior plant maintenance or construction experience.
- Advanced training in relevant skills.
- SAP experience
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.