This position supports the Fleet Manager, work on diesel trucks to keep them on the road, is able to diagnose a problem with the truck and quickly access and fix problem if possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Proficiency in Manager Plus, Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), or the ability to learn program quickly and download on your phone.
2. Answer any incoming calls when necessary with ability to communicate well over the phone with internal staff and vendors when necessary.
3.. Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations applicable to industry
4. Maintain/Check Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs)
5. Must follow all company safety policies and procedures
6. Work with parts manager to locate any parts not in stock
7. Able to lift over 50lbs and stand/walk for long periods of time.
8. Familiar with Mack / Freightliner Software
9. Able to read check engine codes/ and diagnose issues with trucks
10. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
11. Must be able to work outside in all kinds of weather
12. Experience with working with engines/transmissions is a plus
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
14. Able to maintain accountability for parts used when repairing equipment.
1. Experience with Diesel trucks (Mack / Freightliners)
2. Must work 1 Saturday a month / Work in all kind of weather
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
4. Ability to determine priority repairs.
5. Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
6. Professional appearance and strong work ethic
7. Proficient computer skills , must know how to make work orders
8. Valid and current Driver's License with ability to maintain a good driving record.
9. Able to work with others.
10. Transportation is a must.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or one to two years related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Previous repair shop experience required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time