Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Diesel Mechanic (Service Tech I) at United Rentals, you'll use your skills (diesel, automotive, welding or other mechanical) to perform maintenance tasks as well as minor repairs on equipment in a safe and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you'll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow on your mechanical skills whether it be in automotive, diesel or welding.
Additional duties include the following:
- Perform maintenance checks on rental equipment before and after use
- Report machine condition to Management
- Perform minor repairs of rental equipment and tools including checking oil, grease, fluids and tagging of equipment for rental ready status
- Demonstrate equipment for customers
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Basic knowledge of construction equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of tools applicable to position
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 65684404
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Pump Mechanic
- Job Function: Sales