$5,000 SIGNING BONUS!!
M-F Day Shift Schedule
Weekly Pay + Full Benefits including 401k Match
Req #: 41415
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm - providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers' projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,100 employees and approximately 295company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The Field Service Mechanic is a master technician who is a leader in product knowledge and quality specific to the ProSolutions Rental business which involves pumps, generators, power distribution, and HVAC including Heat, AC, Chillers, and Desiccant Dehumidifiers. This equipment serves our customers in industries including: Environmental and Restoration, Refineries and Petrochemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Sewer/Water/Municipal, Underground and General Contractors, Pipelines, Utilities and Industrial Facilities, Mining/Quarries, Entertainment and Special Events. This individual will travel to customer job sites to perform all aspects of service and maintenance in a timely manner while supporting a professional and safe work environment.
- Set up, repair, and operate equipment both in shop and at customer locations
- Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections on all equipment
- Diagnose problem areas for any significant wear and tear on equipment:
- Air Conditioners (up to 80 tons) and Chillers (up to 200 tons)
- Diesel Engines
- DC Electrical Systems 12, 24, 48 volts
- Propane Systems
- Heavy Trucks/Automotive
- Diagnose and troubleshoot:
- Fuel Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Propane Systems
- Diesel/Gas Systems
- Communicate equipment issues with customers
- Complete work orders and service reports
- Assist in training of other Mechanics
- Assist shop lead with customer damage estimates and repairs
- Take service calls in absence of supervisor/lead and dispatch other field service mechanics as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Field Service Mechanic Specialty
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
Own a master tool set capable of supporting a variety of pump, power, and climate control equipment
- Able to deliver effective and efficient work in a fast-paced environment
- Makes safety a priority
- Passion for customer service
- Understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Adapts to changing business and customer needs
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationalorigin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors . #LI-JU1
- Job ID: 62188464
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Midland, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: Herc Rentals Inc
- Position Title: Field Service Mechanic A - HVAC, Pump & Power
- Job Function: Human Resources