Job Seeker Info
Assessments & Training
Perth Amboy, NJ
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
Work on a variety of makes, models & equipment in challenging remote locations
Develop new skills for a career track in service or operation management
Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-focused environment
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Truck Technician.
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Company and DOT standards, as well as inventory controls and processing order paperwork.
* Diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile AC refrigeration, and overhaul and engine rebuilds, with safety as the top priority.
* Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor and trailer related issues, i.e tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
* Diagnose and repair trailer components such as doors, floors and side panels.
* Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
* Remain technically proficient in all areas of the shop including tractor, trailer, tire, and basic parts administration.
* Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members, and external vendors.
* Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company as a whole.
* Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for repair and locate parts.
* Document work order details within the Company's internal order and billing program.
* Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
** Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions, recommend process changes, and initiate improvements.
* Be a positive role model for all team members providing support and enthusiasm - creating a professional, positive work environment.
* The position requires a technical school certification or advanced degree in diesel engines, electronics, and/or related field, minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in medium to heavy duty truck repairs.
* Valid driver's license required - Commercial Driving License
* Demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to make logical decisions in support of business demands.
* Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multitask without negatively impacting performance or results.
* Must be able to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency, always keeping safety at the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures.
* Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions to make successful repairs.
* Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
* Must be self-motivated and able and willing to work independently while motivating team efforts.
* Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
* Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and written; ability to read and understand English
Work is considered heavy physical work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions with exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals.
Must be able to:
* Walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time.
* Visually inspect small defects and/or small parts.
* Operate machines, motor vehicles, hand tools, and job specific equipment and tools.
determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work.
* Demonstrate the ability to hear and accurately interpret mechanical, technical and business information in an environment subject to noise, vibrations, etc.
* Perform all work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
NOTE: This job description should not be construed to imply these requirements are the exclusive standards to the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by the immediate supervisor or leadership team.
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
The following is a sample (but not exhaustive) list of the MOS, AFSC, and NEC Codes that may have transferrable skill sets that apply to this role: 711 713 2506 2584 4130 4133 4541 5899 6071 6072 7603 7607 7610 7618 13D 13M 13P 13R 13T 2T311A 2T311C 2T312A 2T312B 2T312C 2T331A 2T331C 2T332A 2T332B 2T332C 2T351 2T351A 2T351C 2T352A 2T352C 62B 63A 63D 63E 63H 63M 63N 63S 63T 63Y 88R 91A 91B 91E 91H 91L 91M 91P 91S ABE ABH AS CM EN GSM MM MM(NUC) MR SB
Related experience may include: Shop Mechanic, Mechanic, Technician, Service Foreman, Service Manager, Shop Manager, Mechanic Supervisor, Technician Supervisor, Lead Mechanic, Lead Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician, Hydraulic Mechanic, ASE Certified Mechanic, IFPS Certified Technician
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Job ID: 62765445
Workplace Type: On-Site
Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States
Company Name For Job: Sunbelt Rentals
Position Title: Truck Technician
Job Function: Sales
Job Type: Full-Time
Share this job