Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Climate Solutions Tech (Service Tech I) within the Power/HVAC division at United Rentals, you'll use your skills to perform jobsite installations as well as minor repairs on equipment in a safe and professional manner. You will be responsible for safely operating the delivery vehicle and installing HVAC equipment, and dehumidification/air purification equipment at customer locations. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you'll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to relocate to one of our 1,000+ locations
Additional duties include the following:
- Minor repairs, maintenance checks and the cleaning of equipment
- Report equipment condition before and after usage
- Demonstrate equipment for customers
- Assist with the loading and unloading of equipment
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge with repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment preferred
- Mechanical aptitude including knowledge of tools applicable to position
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
- Willingness to be on an "on call" rotation for 24/7 emergency service
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 68528240
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Houston, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: HVAC Mechanic
- Job Function: Sales