Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
Service Tech II
As a Diesel Mechanic (Service Tech II) at United Rentals, you'll use your skills to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and minor repairs of equipment in a safe and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you'll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to relocate to one of our 1,000+ locations.
Additional duties include the following:
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair of rental equipment and tools involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Demonstrate a wide array of complex equipment for customers
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- 1-2 years of experience repairing/maintaining vehicles and equipment; or trade school graduate
- Must own tools applicable to position
- Basic understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 65351920
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Diesel Mechanic
- Job Function: Sales