Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
Modu-loc Fence Rentals LP was acquired by Sunbelt Rentals of Canada Inc. in February 2023. Modu-loc will continue doing business as Modu-loc Fence Rentals in recognition of the strong brand and trust they have built over the years. Career opportunities are now being marketed by Sunbelt Rentals.
As a member of our field staff, you're part of a large team that shares the workload and supports one another at every turn. Field staff are responsible delivering and installing temporary fence. They work together with guidance from our Supervisor and Operations Manager throughout the day. They arrive together, load their trucks together, and always strive to deliver the best customer experience possible. Full in-depth training and coaching is provided to all field staff, along with forklift certification.
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. Your professional network will expand beyond that, as you will interact directly with clients, Modu-Loc's Operations team, and its counterparts daily.
We are looking for motivated candidates to join our team as a Fence Technician II (Driver).
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- Experience driving a one tonne truck delivering materials to and from various job sites safely
- Experience with supervising the crew and acting as the lead hand once onsite
- Familiar with safely setting up and tearing down fence
- Having experience with completing operational paperwork (job reports, truck inventory logs, site checklists, etc.) as directed
- Knowledgeable of Modu-Loc's key products/services; Understand how to resolve customer issues
- Sufficient experience with working closely with the Operations team and solve on-site issues
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
- Clean drivers abstract and Valid Class 5 License
- Ability to work weekends/longer hours when required
- Ability to physically handle (lift, carry, etc.) heavy fence panels
- Ability to navigate to sites to ensure the crew arrives in the safest and most expedient way possible
- Must have own transportation
- Safe and defensive driving habits
- Experience with operating tablets and smartphones
- Knowledge of general tools and equipment (drills, power washer, painters, banding equipment, etc.) considered an asset
We Support our Team before anything else - Join us, you will be able to
- Enjoy competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program
- Prescription, paid sick day & vacation, vision coverage, short- & long-term disability coverage
- Group RRSP plan, company-wide profit-sharing program
- Tuition & Tool Reimbursement Program; Boots Allowance program
- Develop new skills for a career track in equipment rental industry
- We promote from within; you can explore your career to level up and get prepared for various roles
- Work with incredible team of people in a safety-driven culture
- We act with integrity and follow through on our commitments with high level of engagement
- We strive to build safe, healthy, inclusive, and sustainable communities
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodation may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We require applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an equal opportunity employer - women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities are welcome to apply.
Gear up for an exciting career! WEST20
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Job ID: 68948642
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Company Name For Job: Sunbelt Rentals
- Position Title: Fence Techcian II
- Job Function: Sales
- Job Type: Full-Time