Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Shop Foreman at United Rentals, you'll assist in leading a maintenance enterprise at a Trench Safety branch. You'll ensure your team, equipment and materials are utilized properly to maximize productivity. You will also perform all previous or available levels of Equipment Associate and Welder duties. Your primary objective is to coordinate the activities of yard and shop personnel who provide labor assistance to the sales staff, plus to diagnose and supervise the repair and assembly of Trench Safety equipment to ensure that work is performed efficiently, while maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Sound challenging and fun? Consider getting on the management track at United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world. We'll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to do the job right. You'll be proud of your employees, your service shop and the work we all do in providing the equipment that helps build our communities.
Additional duties include the following:
- Plan, organize, and schedule Equipment Associates and Welders activities as needed; delegate tasks, and enforce safety procedures
- Monitor, train & supervise employees to ensure that work is done correctly
- Supervise the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of complex rental equipment at branch or customer locations; order needed parts when necessary
- Diagnose all equipment in the rental fleet appropriately utilizing schematics or engineering tabulated data
- When required, travel to customer site for repair/maintenance of rental or owned equipment, assist in the pick up and delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other United Rentals, Inc. locations for purchase and repair
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent; Trade school training preferred
- 5+ years of experience repairing and maintaining equipment and tools
- Knowledge of proper hydraulic and pneumatic testing procedures
- Working knowledge of trench safety related products and applications
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Diligent attention to safety
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 65656973
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Hayward, California, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Shop Foreman
- Job Function: Sales