Req #: 57179
Founded in 1965, Herc Rentals is one of the leading equipment rental suppliers in North America with trailing twelve month total revenues of nearly $2.7 billion as of September 30, 2022. Herc Rentals' parent company, known as Herc Holdings Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange on July 1, 2016, under the symbol "HRI." Herc Rentals serves customers through approximately 350 locations and has approximately 6,600 employees in North America.
We serve a diverse group of customers in a wide array of industries. We support professional con-tractors in construction and remediation. Our industrial customers include large industrial plants, re?neries and petrochemical operations, automotive and aerospace manufacturers. We support government and infrastructure projects at the municipal, state and federal level. And, we continue to expand our services for customers in commercial and retail, healthcare, hospitality, recreation, and entertainment and special events.
The purpose of a Field Mechanic is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program and a detailed repair schedule.
- Develop and maintain a consistent schedule of performing preventative maintenance of all Herc owned fleet at your branch
- Operate and test equipment to ensure it passes Herc Rentals quality and efficiency standards
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on all Herc fleet equipment and trucks independently
- Diagnose internal combustion engines, DC electrical systems, propane systems, hydraulics, and fuel systems
- Perform major repairs to maintain fleet equipment using diagnostic tools, hand tools, and measuring instrumentsindependently
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Assist shop lead with customer damage estimates and repairs
- Enter and review work orders and complete part ordering via fleet management system
- Recondition and replace assorted parts of the heavy equipment
- Diagnoses problem areas for any significant wear or tear on the equipment
- Take service calls when shop lead is absent and dispatch Field Service Mechanic to ensure repairs are completed in a timely and efficient fashion
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
- Assist in training "C" and "B" Mechanics while taking direction from the shop lead
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment
- Must have Journeyman Mechanic (Off Road) Certificate
- Able to work 7 on, 7 off. Overtime is required
- Camp is provided along with flights out of Edmonton or Calgary only
- At least 3-years' hands on experience working on Aerial & Earth Moving Equipment
- Ability to work constructively in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills while maintaining a professional customer service focused attitude
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and alcohol screening
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuitionreimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc Rentals is an equal opportunity employer
- Job ID: 70699046
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Fort McMurray, Canada
- Company Name For Job: Herc Rentals Inc
- Position Title: Field Service Mechanic
- Job Function: Human Resources