Hagerstown Community College, located in western Maryland, is pleased to announce that applications are currently being accepted for a full-time Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic to join the college's facilities department.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: The Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of all college vehicles including the automotive fleet, tractors, and mowers. This position also has responsibility for conducting an effective program of preventive maintenance, repair, and essential record keeping.
A. Maintains all college vehicles.
1. Inspects all motor vehicle equipment including fleet vehicles, tractors, mowers and automobiles for malfunctions on a regular schedule.
2. Performs preventive maintenance in accordance with operation manuals and manufacturer's specifications.
3. Performs all repairs (from changing a light bulb to an engine overhaul) as soon as malfunctions are found.
4. Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance records and keeps accurate, up-to-date records of inspection and repairs.
5. Detail all vehicles interior and exterior as needed
6. Maintains inventories of supplies and parts for automotive equipment.
• Make sure all supplies are stored in proper cabinets
• Maintains MSDS for all chemicals stored in automotive shop
B. Performs other maintenance duties
1. Fuels any vehicles needed for early departure.
2. Welds broken equipment and metal.
3. Operate snow plows, tractors and other motorized equipment. Removes snow and sand/salts walks, driveways, and parking lots
4. Assist in making other repairs when needed including but not limited to fixing plumbing systems, gas heaters, and generators.
5. Assist on doing preventive maintenance on building mechanical systems.
6. Helps to maintain gas power ground equipment (snowblowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers and etc.)
7. Other duties as assigned – moving furniture, setting up for events, mowing and helping other trades as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma supplemented by formal training in auto mechanic repairs from a certified auto mechanic school leading to formal ASCE certification; minimum 3-5 years related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities along with certification or ability to obtain ASCE certification within 6 months of employment is a must.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to maintain college vehicles through use of a variety of tools and mechanical equipment; ability to follow accident preventative precautions; ability to communicate both orally and in writing; ability to operate power mowers; physical strength and stamina sufficient to do strenuous manual tasks for long periods of time; mental alertness.
Must have computer skills – Must be able to learn the SchoolDude Work System, receive and send emails, able to look up parts as needed for various equipment and utilized appropriate diagnostic tools and analyzers.
Additional requirement - valid motor vehicle operator's license
For more information on this position and to formally apply, please visit HCC's employment page at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6160104.careers?ShowJob=419876955.
Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Office at 240-500-2585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.