Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Diesel Mechanic - Experienced (Service Tech IV) at United Rentals, you'll use your skills to perform maintenance and repairs of complex equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you'll have the potential to work towards leadership roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to relocate to one of our 1,000+ locations.
Additional duties include the following:
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment
- When required, travel to customer job sites for repair/maintenance of rental or customer owned equipment; must maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Assist in the training of lower level technicians as needed
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- 5+ years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment and tools
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
- Extensive knowledge of construction equipment with an advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Must own tools applicable to position
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
Why join us?
We don't just "talk the talk!" We're an award-winning company (recently named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2023) that truly cares about our people - That's why we offer best-in-class benefits and perks that will support you and your family. In addition to our health and financial plans, we also offer:
- Paid Parental Leave
- United Compassion Fund
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development & Promotional Opportunities
- Additional Vacation Buy Up Program (US Only)
- Early Wage Access through Payactiv (US Hourly Only)
- Paid Sick Leave
- An inclusive and welcoming culture
Learn more about our full US benefit offerings here.
Mutual respect for the dignity and fundamental rights of all persons defines our culture. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Job ID: 71232521
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Mechanic
- Job Function: Sales