Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Shop Foreman at United Rentals, you'll assist in leading a maintenance enterprise. You'll ensure Service Technicians, equipment and materials are utilized properly to maximize productivity. You'll continually improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, by ensuring equipment is properly maintained and repaired. You will work closely with the Service/Branch Manager, and help build a profitable location with your leadership, service and maintenance knowledge. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Service Manager.
Sound challenging and fun? Consider getting on the management track at United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world. We'll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to do the job right. You'll be proud of your employees, your service shop and the work we all do in providing the equipment that helps build our communities.
Additional duties include the following:
- Coordinate the activities of Service Technicians
- Train and supervise mechanical personnel when necessary
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of complex rental equipment
- Diagnose and supervise the repair of equipment to ensure work is performed efficiently
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- When required, travel to customer job sites for repair/maintenance of rental or customer owned equipment; must maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School Diploma required; trade-School Degree a plus
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- 5+ years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment and tools
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
- Must own tools applicable to position
- Extensive knowledge of construction equipment with an advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills for a variety of systems
- Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 70034440
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Shop Foreman
- Job Function: Sales