Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Service Manager in the Crane Division at United Rentals, you'll be the leader of a major maintenance enterprise. You'll have the opportunity to hire and motivate an amazing team of Service Technicians. You'll continually improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, by ensuring equipment is properly maintained and repaired. You will work closely with the Branch Manager, and help build a profitable location with your leadership, service and maintenance knowledge, and business management.
Sound challenging and fun? Consider getting on the management track at United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world. We'll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to do the job right. You'll be proud of your employees, your service shop and the work we all do in providing the equipment that helps build our communities.
Additional duties include the following:
- Motivate, coach and train technicians to exceed time & quality standards and comply with standard repair and maintenance processes
- Staff location adequately based on skills and workload
- Responsible for R&M, P&L and associated costs/budget
- Lead, plan, measure and continuous improvement of all service and maintenance performance metrics
- Oversee parts department activities, to ensure optimal customer service, technician/shops/OEC productivity and cost control
- Evaluate performance and promotability of team members. Identify and provide necessary skills training and regular coaching
- Promote a culture of safety and discipline through leadership, exemplary personal compliance, accountability and communication
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School Diploma required; trade-School Degree a plus; bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Extensive Equipment Fleet Maintenance and leadership experience
- 5 years' service and maintenance experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of maintenance accounting and P&L
- Basic computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
Why join us?
We don't just "talk the talk!" We're an award-winning company (recently named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2023) that truly cares about our people - That's why we offer best-in-class benefits and perks that will support you and your family. In addition to our health and financial plans, we also offer:
- Paid Parental Leave
- United Compassion Fund
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development & Promotional Opportunities
- Additional Vacation Buy Up Program (US Only)
- Early Wage Access through Payactiv (US Hourly Only)
- Paid Sick Leave
- An inclusive and welcoming culture
Learn more about our full US benefit offerings here.
Mutual respect for the dignity and fundamental rights of all persons defines our culture. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point of the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Job ID: 71266266
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Service Manager - Crane Division
- Job Function: Sales