Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Field Diesel Mechanic - Customer Equipment Services at United Rentals, you'll use your skills to perform maintenance and repairs of complex equipment on customer-owned equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner.
This is a full time, permanent unionized role including:
- Full benefits
- 2 weeks vacation
- Paid sick time
- Opportunities for OT
- Annual boot and prescription safety glasses allowance
- PPE, training and apparel provided
- Stable and established employment with opportunities to move into leadership roles
- Industry leader in safety
- A career, not a job.
Additional duties include the following:
- Safe maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of customer equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Upsell and demonstrate a wide array of complex equipment for customers
- Travel to customer job sites for repair/maintenance of customer-owned equipment; must maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- 3-5 years of experience repairing/maintaining equipment and tools
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
- Knowledge of construction equipment and strong mechanical background Knowledge of various engines
- Must own tools applicable to the position
- Superior customer service, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 68528231
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Field Mechanic - CES
- Job Function: Sales