Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Service Manager at United Rentals, you'll be the leader of a major maintenance enterprise. You'll have the opportunity to hire and motivate an amazing team of Service Technicians. You'll continually improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, by ensuring equipment is properly maintained and repaired. You will work closely with the Branch Manager, and help build a profitable location with your leadership, service and maintenance knowledge, and business management.
Sound challenging and fun? Consider getting on the management track at United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world. We'll provide the tools, the technology and the support you need to do the job right. You'll be proud of your employees, your service shop and the work we all do in providing the equipment that helps build our communities.
Additional duties include the following:
- Motivate, coach and train technicians to exceed time & quality standards and comply with standard repair and maintenance processes
- Staff location adequately based on skills and workload
- Responsible for R&M, P&L and associated costs/budget
- Lead, plan, measure and continuous improvement of all service and maintenance performance metrics
- Oversee parts department activities, to ensure optimal customer service, technician/shops/OEC productivity and cost control
- Evaluate performance and promotability of team members. Identify and provide necessary skills training and regular coaching
- Promote a culture of safety and discipline through leadership, exemplary personal compliance, accountability and communication
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School Diploma required; trade-School Degree a plus; bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Extensive Equipment Fleet Maintenance and leadership experience
- 5 years' service and maintenance experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of maintenance accounting and P&L
- Basic computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 67221499
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Brownsville, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Service Manager
- Job Function: Sales