Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
Job Description Summary
The Apprentice program provides part-time employment opportunities for trade school students at Sunbelt Rentals locations. This will allow students to apply skills learned in their programs of study while getting paid.
- Over the course of up to 12 months, students perform specific job tasks while demonstrating the potential to join the team as an entry level Technician upon graduation from their trade school.
- Learn Sunbelt Rental's business and culture
- Exhibit safety focused work habits
- Shadow other team members to gain understanding of role and learn required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform required role functions
- Apply skills in hands-on applications ultimately preparing participants for a career post-graduation
Education & Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited trade school for heavy equipment, diesel, power generation or another fleet related program
- Preferred but not required
- Completion of one series of classes in the listed programs
- Some work experience, especially technician or technical roles
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt's safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Base Pay Range: $16.57 - 22.42
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Please visit https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/careers/ for more information on our benefits and to join our Talent Network.
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Job ID: 70306890
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Austin, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: Sunbelt Rentals
- Position Title: Technician Apprentice
- Job Function: Sales
- Job Type: Part-Time