Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As an Electrical Technician at United Rentals, you will use your skills to perform maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks, as well as minor repairs on equipment, in a safe and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you'll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to relocate to one of our 1,000+ locations.
Additional duties include the following:
- Perform maintenance checks on rental equipment before and after use for damage, operational condition, ohm check, amp check, safety decals, and safety compliance
- Report the machine condition to the counter person or Service Manager for appropriate billing to the customer
- Load and unload equipment while complying with DOT regulations for height, width, and weight
- Clean all equipment, and prepare equipment for new rental contracts or for sale
- Check the equipment, demonstrate the proper use of it, and familiarize the customer with each piece of equipment
- Perform minor repairs on rental equipment and tools in a safe manner including contactor/relay cleaning, small component replacement, and tag equipment for rental ready status
- Assist higher-level technicians as needed
- Assist in the pickup and delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other United Rentals, Inc. locations for purchases or repairs
- Other duties assigned as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
- Basic verbal and written skills
- Basic electrical aptitude
- Must own tools applicable to this position and have a working knowledge of tools
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills
- Ability to understand the rental cycle
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job ID: 69406462
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Portland, Oregon, United States
- Company Name For Job: United Rentals
- Position Title: Electrical Technician
- Job Function: Sales