We are currently offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced EPG Field Technician new hires.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician in Richmond, Virginia. The Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician position is responsible for performing service and installation services on electric power generation systems and components. Duties include troubleshooting and repairs of engine and electrical related systems, EPG start-up of generators, transfer switches, UPS, and switchgear systems. Repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for this position. Minimum of three years relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics field experience required to be eligible for the $5,000 sign-on bonus. Candidates with less than 3 years Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics field experience are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. Bonuses are made in 2 equal installments at 90 days and 180 days of employment. A technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
Requirements for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; advanced engine and electrical diagnostic and repair skills.
- Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines, electrical switchgear, automatic transfer switches and power distribution systems
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
*Special rules and restrictions may apply to sign-on bonus eligibility for rehires.
- Job ID: 70813318
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
- Company Name For Job: Carter Machinery Company, Inc
- Position Title: ELECTRIC POWER GENERATION (EPG) FIELD TECHNICIAN
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time